The QM-X4 is a tabletop edger that expands your in-house lens finishing abilities by processing lenses with complex shapes, shelving, milling, and drilling. It’s an all-in-one, compact and user-friendly package that’s backed by the industry-leading engineering and service teams at National Optronics and DAC Technologies.
FEATURING 4 MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS
- Integrated diamond blade design of the main tool reduces need for frequent blade changes
- Software enhancements related to toolpath algorithms allow improved cycle times and processing
2. IMPROVED SURFACE FINISH QUALITY
- High-luster finish on polished lenses
3. MACHINE RELIABILITY
- Redesigned 4th-axis spindle for drilling, milling, and shelving improves reliability
- Added protection to the electrical cabling eliminates wear
- Internal covers on major mechanical components provide durability and dust protection
4. SAFETY FEATURES
- Improved safety interlock system from mechanical switches to magnetic switches improve reliability, performance and operator safety
Environmentally friendly dry edging saves water and makes lens debris clean-up easy.
A fixed dual diamond blade design eliminates the need to frequently change blades and improves productivity and lens edge quality.
An easy-to-use remote diagnostics system provides fastest response times for immediate technical support and current software updates.
- Small footprint saves valuable counter space.
- Easy touch-screen operation with user-friendly interface.
- Inherently low torque cutting process minimizes risk of lens slippage.
- Service friendly: all components are easily accessible.
- Lens shelving at various depths as well as in partial areas around the lens for easy processing of complex finishing jobs, e.g. on fashionable sports frames.
- Variable angle drilling provides better cosmetics and easier mounting for a variety of base curves and prescriptions.
- Frame editor software allows editing existing trace files or creating new complex designs quickly and efficiently.
- Cabinet: 32″w x 28.8″d x 34.3″h
- VCA/DCS compatible
- Stand alone
- Front base curves: up to 10 dpt
- Minimum finishing B size with standard clamping assembly: 21 mm rimless; 23- mm bevel
- Lens diameter: max. 85 mm (effective)
- Materials: all organic lens materials; i.e. CR-39;
Hi-Index; Polycarbonate; Trivex
- Energy requirements:
1 phase, 350 Watts
- Dimensions (wxdxh):
21 x 22 x 32 inches
521 x 559 x 821 mm
- Weight: 180 lb